- Emanating from the vision of Sharjah Youth's website and its objectives which can simply be conveyed in Sharjah Youth's efforts to make its electronic website an effective window where visitors can get to know the programs, events, and activities Sharjah Youth offers, and the services it provides through its centers, to stakeholders, beneficiaries and youth, in addition to this website being an appropriate environment to disseminate knowledge and a space for experience exchange and enhanced communication. This in turn enriches the educational process and pushes it forward. Since the website management exerts its utmost effort to provide a high quality service to all its, visitors, users and beneficiaries, and it places the confidentiality of the information of said visitors, users and beneficiaries at the top of its list of priorities; therefore, the website management has set out a number of principles that should be observed by the users and visitors of the website to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of their information. Bearing in mind that such principles constitute a document for the privacy and secrecy of information, website users and visitors should make sure to continuously review the privacy document and its contents, terms, conditions and principles aimed at guaranteeing information confidentiality; it is the responsibility of users and visitors to remain up to date on updated articles or items that are added to such document. Website management is not required to announce whatever updates to such terms and principles are made. Using the website means you as users and visitors have reviewed and accepted such terms and principles and the ongoing modifications therein.
- The website management takes appropriate procedures and measures to protect personal information which it holds and to safely maintain the same in a manner that guarantees it is secure from loss, unauthorized entry, usage abuse, or unauthorized modification or disclosure. Among the most important measures adopted by the website management to safeguard the visitor's personal information are the following:
- Strict procedures and measures to safeguard the security of the information and the technologies which are used for protection against fraud and unauthorized entry to our systems.
- Regular and periodical update of protection procedures and regulations which meet, or go beyond, standard measures.
- Qualifying and training the website staff to respect the confidentiality and the personal information of website users and visitors.
- Collecting Information
- Shortly after a user's visit to Sharjah Youth's website, the website's server registers the user's IP address, date and time of the visit, and the URL address of any site from which the user was forwarded to the website.
- The majority of electronic sites place a small file on the hard disk of users and visitors computers (browsers). These files are called "cookies" or text files. Some websites place these cookies on the hard disk of their visitor's computer. These files contain information which are made available to the website allowing it to restore such information, as needed, upon the next user's visit to the site. Saved information may include:
- Remembering user name and password.
- Page customization(s), if such option is available on the website.
- Preventing voting more than once by the same user.
- Visitors or users may not need to enter their password upon every visit, as the website system will be able to recognize it through the cookie files. Additionally, such files prevent users from voting more than once on any questionnaires or similar; as such, the website uses information on cookie files for technical purposes related to voting if the web site is visited more than once. The website is also able to change information on the cookie files or add new information whenever you visit Sharjah Youth's website.
- If you used a direct application or sent an email to the website management or any of Sharjah Youth's departments through this website to provide us with your personal information, we would share the necessary data with other authorities or departments to serve you in a more effective way. Bearing in mind that we will not share your personal information with non-governmental authorities unless authorized by any of the specialized entities. Providing your date and personal information via Sharjah Youth's electronic website means that you completely accept that your information will be stored, processed and used by the UAE authorities. We maintain the right to disclose any information to specialized authorities, when necessary, to comply with any governmental law, system and inquiry in line with any laws enforced by the UAE and the Emirate of Sharjah.
- You are totally responsible for the validity and honesty of the data you send via the website.
Creating an Account on the Website
- Website users are able to access some databases or services which are provided by the website after having username and password, which are determined in coordination with the website management or through direct registration on the website. The user or visitor is able to request to add some personal information or update it. In addition to this, the user or visitor is able to modify any of the data of their account, or even cancel it whenever they like.
- As with any information collected about the users' within the website, the information of the user's account will be used to verify the user's identity, and protect their account. Moreover, such information can be shared with any other sites affiliated to Sharjah Youth's website.
- Collecting any information about users serves scientific and research purposes, and developing Sharjah Youth services in general and the services provided via the website in particular, which in turn reinforce the relationship between Sharjah Youth and youth, their parents and the community as a whole.
Protect Your Privacy
- To be able to protect your personal information, we recommend you do the following:
- Contact us at once if you suspect that someone has access to your password, usage code or any other confidential information.
- Do not give any confidential information via phone or Internet to people whose identity you cannot confirm, or anyone you do not know, or if you do not know the person who will be receiving the information.
- Use a safe browser when you do any transactions via the Internet. Close all applications not in use. Make sure that your virus protection program and software is always updated.
- In case you have any inquiries or opinions about this privacy and information document and its contents, kindly communicate with the website management via the following email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To maintain the safety of your personal data, we safeguard the electronic storage and all sent personal data using proper security technologies.
- This website may contain links to websites or websites that apply different methods of protecting your privacy and information, and their privacy policies may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the contents, methods and privacy policies of said other websites. We advise you to refer to the privacy and information terms of such websites.
Sending Emails to Sharjah Youth
- When you make inquiries or ask about any information or a specific service, or should you provide any additional information using any means of communication with Sharjah Youth, whether electronic or non-electronic, for example when you use our website for inquiries or if you use our online forms, we will use your email to reply to your inquiry. Furthermore, we can save your email, message and our reply for the purposes of quality control. We may also save the same for lawful and monitoring purposes.
To view the User's Code & Terms of Usage, click here.